Survey reveals most satisfied internet banking customers
A new survey by online market research specialists, Columinate, has revealed that FNB and Capitec clients are the most satisfied when it comes to Internet banking.
The survey was conducted amongst 1353 respondents from 21 February to 15 March 2012, and only banking customers that made use of Internet banking qualified to participate.
While Capitec Bank’s satisfaction measure actually came out on top, the number of Capitec customers included in the survey did not reach the minimum sample size to be included as a contender for the top spot, making FNB the overall winner.
- 88% of respondents indicated that they use Internet banking mainly for viewing balances and making beneficiary payments.
- 72% used Internet banking to access bank statements
- 66% for making inter-account transfers
- 53% for setting up recurring beneficiary payments
- 53% to buy cellphone airtime
- 5% of those surveyed made use of online share trading or foreign exchange services
- 85% spend less than 20 minutes logged in to their Internet banking service
Columinate co-founder Henk Pretorius said that these results show an opportunity for banks to better engage their customers online.
Original article by Quinton Bronkhorst on Businesstech here: Survey reveals most satisfied internet banking customers